I have decided to mix up the traditional apricot chicken. I had some chicken thighs in the fridge that needed eating and when I was at the shops today all I could smell were the Nectarines so I decided to grab some and get creative with my chicken. And it worked surprisingly well. I’m calling it the modern take on Apricot Chicken.
And best of all it’s so easy and healthy. You pretty much throw everything into the one dish and let it cook. Here’s the recipe. Give it a try and let me know how you go.
If you’re like me and can’t get enough of these yummy Nectarines you should try my Burnt Caramel Upside Down Cake!
This is a great cake to have for dessert with a big scoop of ice cream!
- 4 Nectarines (seeds removed)
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Small Onion
- 1/2 Capsicum
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper (or to taste)
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar (Optional)
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 1kg Chicken Thigh Fillets
- To make the sauce place 1 1/2 nectarines, 1 tomato, garlic, cumin, cayenne pepper, chicken stock & brown sugar in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Cut the remaining nectarines & tomato into segments as well as the small onion and capsicum. Place into a high sided baking dish and pour over half the sauce.
- Remove fat from chicken and place into the baking dish. Pour over remaining sauce and sprinkle with the chopped coriander.
- Bake at 180degC for 45min, turning chicken half way through.
- Serve with some quinoa or rice with a side of roast veg.
- This recipe is great with any kind of chicken. Try drumsticks or with a whole chicken in a crock pot, make sure you allow for a longer cooking time though.