So far I’ve been sticking to my goals! I threw out all the junk food in the house. Yes, threw it out, I’m proud to say I didn’t eat it. Such a strong moment for me. And I’ve been substituting certain meals with a healthier alternative.
My favourite so far is Zucchini Spaghetti. I’ve had a spiraliser for ages. My friend bought one and never used it so gave it to mwa! It’s so simple to use and relatively quick, quicker than making pasta at least.
The beauty of zucchini spaghetti as a meal is that you can use any of your favourite pasta sauces with it. Below is just one of the many I’ve been using, another favourite of mine is Bosciola Zucchini Spagghetti.
- 1 Rash of Bacon diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Note that I love garlic)
- 225ml Passata Sauce
- 1sml Bay Leaf
- 1/4tsp Chicken Stock Powder
- 1/4cup Water
- 2 Large Zucchini
- First make the sauce.
- Cook the bacon until crispy. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two. Add in passata stock and water. Allow to reduce for 15min. Season to taste.
- While the sauce is reducing slice the zucchini into thin strips resembling spaghetti or if you have a spiraliser use it to create some curly pasta!
- Blanch the zucchini by pouring boiling water over it and giving it a stir. Strain and serve with the sauce on top. Add a touch of Parmesan for a little extra yum!