So the new year has begun and to start it fresh here is my new favourite pasta dish.
This recipe came to be on the lead up to Christmas. My fiance and I were going away for 10 days and we were slowly eating everything in the pantry and fridge. On our last night at home all we had left was 1 frozen salmon steak and a bag of frozen green prawns. What a happy accident that was!
Since that dinner I have cooked this dish 3 times for ourselves & others. Every time it’s been devoured in a flash. The best part is that it is super easy to make and so so so very tasty!
Another great thing about it is that if you happen to not like seafood you can easily substitute it for chicken or even broad beans if you’re a vegetarian.
So please give it a try and let me know what you think by following me on instagram and using the hash tag #collectivelymerecipe !
- Spaghetti for 2.
- 1 Salmon Steak
- 10 Green Prawns
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 1/2cup Parsley, Chopped
- 1tbsp Butter (or Olive oil)
- 1/2cup White wine
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Boil water for the pasta. Cook Pasta (you're normal store bought spaghetti takes 12-14min).
- Make the sauce while your pasta is cooking. It is a really quick recipe especially if you have everything out and ready to go.
- Melt the butter over a low heat.
- Add the garlic & a third of the parsley. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in Prawns & Salmon and cook for about 3min or until the prawns start to change colour.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the wine and the rest of the parsley. Bring to the boil and cook for a further 3min.
- Season with a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
- Strain and dress your pasta with a little olive oil (1tbsp) before adding in your sauce.
- Give it a good mix and serve!
- This recipe is really easy to make for more people, doubling it works brilliantly!